Thursday 31 March 2011

I am the one and only!

http://in2leicester.co.uk/?page_id=2
I talk to so many people and think about them.  One common theme that I pick up is that we want to be what society prescribes for us to be.  If society says so, it is so.  We sometimes even form our self-image and self-worth according to what society says.  I have seen a lot of heartache and doubt caused by this. 

This morning I woke up, my head filled with a lot of things and wondering if I do live up to the standards that are set for me.  I felt exhausted.  Just there and then, I decided today I am wearing jeans and sneakers, no high heals.  I need to feel cozy and relaxed.  I made myself an instant cuppachino (I usually drink herbal tea) and a croissant.  How wonderful that felt!  I dressed how I wanted to, ate and drank what I wanted to. Today I am just living up to my own standards, doing my own thing.  I cried about my puppy going for an op (I usually don't do this, as people might think I am silly).  Today I am going to be me.

This just made me realize that we are unique and living that way will make us a lot happier and satisfied.  Doing what we like, expressing what we feel, following our hearts, living our dreams.  There is freedom in accepting who you are, realizing you are unique and living it!  We break free from the chains of society and live the life we want. 
I am the one and only, no body I'd rather be......(and I'll sing this in the shower and my car, even if you think  I can't sing.  I want to sing and that's what I'll do!)


No comments:

Post a Comment